The boys and I went to a performance of the Nutcracker today. It was really fun, and short - a perk for little kids. The boys did great, and the sun came out enough that the roads weren't too treacherous, although I am still grateful that I have 4WD.
As I was getting ready to madly rush out the door this morning, yes - I was running late, as usual. I went to pull my keys out and realized that my car key (the most important one on the ring at the moment) was missing. Trying to to panic too much, I reasoned that it had to be here somewhere, ran and got my husband's key (luckily he stayed home from work today) and promised myself I would look for it when we got home.
I can't let things go that easily though, so I panicked a little, and thought about it as I was driving, and then rethought everywhere I went yesterday to think of where it could be, and called my husband and told him to look in those places. The only spot he hadn't got to was out in the yard. I walked to the mailbox in the snow yesterday, and slipped once (don't worry, it wasn't a hard fall, our yard is on a hill). In that fall, I dropped the keys and the only reasoning I could think of is that it had fallen off then.
Well, when I get home I go outside (like I said, I have a hard time letting things go) and start retracing my tracks to the mailbox. I don't see it laying obviously on the snow, but as I am walking I see a tiny hole in the snow and think, "Hmmm... Just maybe". As I reach down, and start digging down into the snow and grass, I find the key.
I was astounded. It really is a huge blessing that I was able to find it (it was buried pretty deep) and even more so that it still works (and that I was able to know right where it was so quickly). It's one of those fancy keys that has the lock/unlock and panic buttons all right on the key - they are really expensive to replace, just what we don't need right now. Anyway, I am thankful for small blessings today, and that even prayers about lost keys are heard and answered.
2 comments:
That is such a great blessing. Yay!
What a relief! I had the same thing happen (lost the keyless entry key) and was getting a bit panicky. Then Justin called on his way to the airport and said they were in his pocket! Funny and annoying, but I was definitely relieved!
Post a Comment