December 13, 2008

12 Days of Christmas (Mormon Style)

For our church Christmas party last night a friend of mine was asked to come up with an LDS rendition of "the 12 Days of Christmas". I got coaxed into being in the group that sang it, so I got a copy of all of the words. I thought they were pretty funny, and decided to add them here.

For those of you (my non-LDS friends) who are confused by some of the references made here (i.e: 8 cow women), feel free to ask and I will explain as best I can.

Enjoy!

On the ________ day of Christmas, the true church gave to me,

An ever-growing testimony!

Two mission years,

Three-hour-meetings,

For the Strength of Youth,

Five minute prayers!

Six-o-clock seminary,

Seven kinds of Jell-o

Eight-cow women,

Nine kindred dead

Ten potluck dishes!

Eleventh-hour lessons

A twelve-seater van

3 comments:

Kellie said...

hil-arious!

Desiree said...

I love this, so fun! Wish I was there to have seen it.

Leanne said...

ha ha ha that's a good one!