Today was a long day. A really long day. I've been going pretty much steady since 7:00 this morning (earlier that my pregnant self likes to get going), with no real breaks. So, by the time bedtime rolled around tonight (a little late, unfortunately) - I was ready. I mentioned in my last post how hard Buggy was today, and how hyper Beefy was.
Anyway, after reading scriptures and saying prayers, I was sitting in the rocking chair in my room waiting for Beefy to come in for his "rock-a-byes". In he comes with not one, or two, but three quilts (not the little flannel blankets that most kids like, real actual quilts - he loves them) and his Mickey Mouse from the hospital (more on him later). It was just so cute to see him dragging all of those blankets with his little Mickey on top, I couldn't help but melt a little for him.
I've been thinking a lot about him lately and how grateful I am that he is okay. I'm sure some of it is the hormones, but I just find myself thinking of what could have happened to him with his accident and end up almost in tears when I look at him and see him laugh and smile and talk and play like a normal little boy. We are truly blessed with him (and obviously Buggy too, but I will write about him another day).
Mickey Mouse has been with Beefy since his first night in the ICU back in September. He was originally given to him so that Beefy would have something to hold on to, so he wouldn't pull at his IV, but eventually Beefy became very attached and Mickey stayed with him through the rest of the hospital stay. He has slept with him almost every night since as well.
Lately Beefy has taken to "feeding" Mickey whatever he happens to be eating when Mickey is around (usually cereal). It is too cute, and I love seeing him share his food, and being very sweet with his little stuffed animal. Remember, I only have boys (in every sense of the word), and have never seen this kind of nurturing behavior in my kids before. It makes me fear a little less for when "baby sister" is born. I have these horrible visions of her getting trampled (in the most loving "boy" way possible) a lot.
1 comment:
oh I hear you on the baby sister thing. I know my boys will try, but I still feel like I may go a little crazy being the overprotective freak that I am when she comes.
Did I know that you are having a girl?! I'm not sure I did...CONGRATS!
Post a Comment