May 13, 2008
Wii
My husband and I have been poor (financially) for most of our married life. We got married when we both had 3 years of school left, and had Buggy right before our last year. We are only a couple of years into our "real job" and my husband brings home a nice paycheck, but what with adding another child to the mix (Beefy) and buying our home, along with education debt, living expenses, etc. we have never really had alot of extra cash. Our tax returns and bonuses have always gone towards the aforementioned education debt, home improvement projects, the house itself, or some other terribly practical application. Neither of us have really expensive hobbies, and we are very good at 'using up, wearing out, making do, or doing without'. With our recent tax stimulus rebate we decided to take a chunk of it and buy something fun and impractical (a very unfamiliar move for us). The largest portion of it still went toward debt and tithing be we took a little bit of the money and bought a Nintendo wii. I am not a huge fan of video games (I hate them as a general rule) but I have been very intrigued by the wii. It is a super fun system and I am having an absolute blast with it. My husband and I have stayed up way too late the last few nights getting in our "gamer-size" as he calls it (a mix of gaming and excersize). It may seem like an insignificant thing to post about, but for me at least it was a big moment, and as a bonus, a fun investment as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I've never tried the Wii, but now that I think about it, it WOULD be a good way to exercise!!!
Very true, I am shocked to see the Kim I know with a video game system in her home! Glad to hear you have come over to the dark side... ;)
Hahah. We have one too, and I actually like it. shocker. It's fun to bowl and I kick some trash on those Wii play games. have fun!!!
Kim,
I can't believe I'm linked to someone else's blog! Thanks for the comment. It makes me feel seen :)
Love you,
Chari
Post a Comment