So the other day, we were having a rough time of it. If you have kids you know what I am talking about (I hope). The boys were grumpy, they kept getting bored, it was raining, I was running behind on everything I wanted to do that day because they were desperate for attention, and Beefy, obviously, refused to nap. Finally about about 5:00 p.m. I had had enough. I put them in the TV room and turned on a new Backyardagins DVD I had just got them. I then returned to the dishes that I was working on, when I realized it was pretty quiet in there. I went back to check and this is what I found.
May 30, 2008
What am I Going to Do With Them
First, some background. I love the fact that my kids sleep. They have both for the most part slept through the night since infancy. We obviously have stages and rough patches just like everyone does, but I think I could safely classify my children as "good sleepers". Naps on the other hand have been a struggle. Buggy was on a really good schedule until he gave them up completely when he was 2 1/2 and moved to the "big bed". Beefy had a rough nap schedule as an infant, but for the last year or so has been pretty regular, up until recently when he has decided that he is a big boy and no longer needs to nap. I've either gone soft or am getting too old to fight him, but I can't handle letting him scream it out in his crib, so about half the time I just end up letting him have "quiet time" with his brother.
So the other day, we were having a rough time of it. If you have kids you know what I am talking about (I hope). The boys were grumpy, they kept getting bored, it was raining, I was running behind on everything I wanted to do that day because they were desperate for attention, and Beefy, obviously, refused to nap. Finally about about 5:00 p.m. I had had enough. I put them in the TV room and turned on a new Backyardagins DVD I had just got them. I then returned to the dishes that I was working on, when I realized it was pretty quiet in there. I went back to check and this is what I found.


I wish I could have been mad, but they needed it so badly that I couldn't argue. I did try to wake Buggy up after a while and he woke up long enough to tell me that he wanted to go back to sleep. Eventually they did both wake up, but needless to say, bedtime that night wasn't until about 10:30 p.m. (usually its around 8:00). Most of the time things like this make me nervous because it messes up their schedules. Thankfully that one late night was all it took and they now seem to be back to their (mostly) normal sleep habits. (I hope I haven't spoken too soon.)
So the other day, we were having a rough time of it. If you have kids you know what I am talking about (I hope). The boys were grumpy, they kept getting bored, it was raining, I was running behind on everything I wanted to do that day because they were desperate for attention, and Beefy, obviously, refused to nap. Finally about about 5:00 p.m. I had had enough. I put them in the TV room and turned on a new Backyardagins DVD I had just got them. I then returned to the dishes that I was working on, when I realized it was pretty quiet in there. I went back to check and this is what I found.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
but it's so cute that they BOTH fell asleep at the same time! That's rare at my house!
Post a Comment