July 15, 2010

Because It's Never Too Early

I know that we still have 3 1/2 months left until Halloween, and even more until Christmas, but I just couldn't resist making these cute countdown blocks now.  A friend of mine made them for a super Saturday last year, and kindly let me come peruse through her selection of very cute scrapbook paper (thanks "K"). 

Add blocks cut from bunk bed scraps, some pieces of 2x6 for the base (I did have to buy this, I've already used up all our 2x6 scraps), paint left over from various projects/rooms in my house, mod podge, and some vinyl letters cut out with my handy dandy new silhouette. (Okay, that list seemed a lot shorter in my head, but I promise they go together really easily/quickly.)

Anyway, the finished result. (Sorry about the pictures, it was kind of dark when I took them.)



Aren't they cute.  Can't wait to actually pull them out and use them!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

okay, i need to make some!

Steph said...

That is a VERY cute project! I especially like the Halloween one.
I am not a crafty person at all, but I would love to make one of those!
Are there more than 2 blocks? How do you have enough numbers with only 6 sides per block?

Kellie said...

Love them!!

Keri Parr said...

Those turned out great. I am glad to share my paper. Let me know if you need anymore.