I feel like I should comment after yesterday's post. I really am okay. I definitely have been a little stressed, and the idea for that post was conceived after a long mostly sleepless night. (At the time it seemed more funny than anything else) Yesterday, I really needed to vent, but since then, things have started looking up.
We took Beefy to the doctor (second time this week) and found out that sometime between Tuesday afternoon (when he went for a check-up) and Thursday morning (after 36+ hours of 102 degree fever) that he developed an ear infection. That explains a lot. It is amazing what a little amoxicillin and some Motrin can fix. Now if only I could figure out how to make him sleep again...
Buggy has gotten a hard dose of "behavior and consequence" this week. He has missed out on a few small rewards due to his behavior, and has the potential consequence of missing a birthday party this weekend hanging over his head (at "Jump Planet" no less, I'm such a mean mom). I am pleased to say that so far it is working. He is starting to realize that if he is a whiny little brat, then he doesn't get what he wants. It is a simple concept, but surprisingly hard for some 4-year-olds to grasp.
My worries about a strike, and finances etc. will always be there. As will worries about the baby (at least for the next 25 weeks or so). But, I am good at worrying, and you just have to do what you are good at sometimes, so for now I will just keep on worrying and try not to let it make me too batty.
I have had a lot of people show concern for me recently and I can't adequately express how much I really appreciate that. It is so nice to know, that no matter how trivial my trials may seem, that perhaps there are others out there who don't think they are trivial at all. It makes me feel good, and a little less crazy. Thanks!
4 comments:
I'm glad you're feeling better, Kim. We all have days (and kids) that drive us batty, so don't feel bad if you feel like you're going crazy. We'll just meet you at the Crazyhouse!
If it makes you feel any better, my 4 yr old is also driving me nuts, and has quite the attitude lately. Hopefully it's a stage and they will grow out of it. BTW venting is healthy, I do it all the time! Take care!
hey girl- so you've been having too much fun lately! just know we love ya and miss you guys- and, as always are anxious to hear about your babes...
Oh Kim, congratulations on your pregnancy! I'll be praying for you and I hope all goes well and the strike doesn't happen/is very short.
Post a Comment