Earlier, I was reading blogs- something I frequently do. A friend of mine from college who struggles with infertility and multiple miscarriages wrote a post today about National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day, which is today, October 15. That post caught me off guard, and brought back a flood of memories-things I hadn't thought about for a while.
Although I am very excited about this new pregnancy there is a fear that only those who have been in my situation can understand. As I was reading about this day of remembrance my mind wandered to everyone I know whose life has been affected by the loss of an infant. It seems as if there is no one who is immune to this heartbreak in some way or another. Beefy's accident also brought these feelings to the foreground of my mind again. I am strongly reminded of how blessed I am to have the children I do have, and how I should not take them for granted.
In her post, my friend added the following link:
http://www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org/
I'll warn you right now, that this is what made me cry. It is the beautifully heartbreaking website of a nonprofit organization of professional photographers who offer their services, free of charge, to families facing the loss of an infant. What an amazing thing. Unfortunately, I'm afraid everyone probably knows (or will someday) of someone who could have benefited from this service. Obviously it does not apply to every situation, but it is still so touching, in a way that I can't explain. I felt like I needed to pass this website along, if for no other reason than I think that what they do is important, and others should know about it.
I know that this post is kind of disorganized and random, and maybe even a little depressing, but it helps to get my feelings out of my head. Even if they don't make sense to anyone else. Have a wonderful day, and go hug your kids, I'm going to.
2 comments:
You made me cry too, thanks a lot. :) I don't think you're posts have been depressing lately. I think they've been witty and inspiring. I'm glad you feel comfortable to write down your feelings. Everytime I hear of someone who loses a baby or child in any way my heart breaks for them. I remember when I was pregnant with Preston having the constant fear that something would go wrong. Now I have that same fear a lot especially when I hear about unfortunate accidents that take children away so young. I have to remember that Heavenly Father has a plan for them and wants them to go back to be with them... they are perfect. Still, no matter what I believe I can feel pain for those people and can't imagine what they're going through... the same with miscarriages. I just hope that I can be a supportive friend. :) Who knows, I might be in the exact same situation someday (I hope not but you never know) and would love to have someone do the same to me.
I had no idea there was a national day for this. I wish I'd known about it and that website earlier. Thank you for passing it on.
Post a Comment