I'd like to think that I don't have many. For the most part, the things I do regret are small in comparison to the the things I gave them up for. But, for the challenge's sake... I have 3. Here we go.
- I wish that I would have kept teaching when we moved to Washington. I took a break for a few years after the move, and it has been more difficult to get back to it. (On the other hand though, I've learned a lot, and I feel like as I've aged (eek) I've matured and become better able to see what is of benefit for my students.
- I wish that I'd have put more effort into my studies in college. I got my degree, but I could have done better with my grades. Granted I was married for 3/4 of my college career and was a Mom too for the last year, but I feel like when I go back for my master's I will definitely be more focused on pulling better grades and getting more out of what I learn.
- I wish that I had found an orchestra/band to keep playing with once I left College. Even after I wasn't a "Music Major" anymore, I played with the community orchestra and had a great time. I haven't played/taught drums since right after Beefy was born. I really do miss it.
No comments:
Post a Comment