May 16, 2011

Back With a Bang!

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly you have to jump back into the hustle and bustle of life after a vacation. I got home Friday night, and had half of Saturday to get my house back in order before real life took over again.

Don't get me wrong...I loved the 10 days away, I had plenty of down time and it was fantastic to have a break, but they were exhausting in their own right, and I need more than half a day to recuperate.

After a busy Saturday and Sunday, this morning we signed closing papers on the old house! Finally!!! We can breathe a huge sigh of relief now that gigantic burden has been lifted. Making the decision to sell the house was very difficult but the peace that has come with it has been such a confirmation that we did the right thing, and a huge blessing.

Also, today is #2's 5th birthday! I can't believe my Beefy is already a 5-year-old. It was so weird registering him for Kindergarten a few weeks ago, and realizing that I'm not really a Mom of little kids anymore. There is still the sister - but I have to school-age kids now. When did that happen?...

Anyway, it's good to be home.

No comments: