Last week we left the rain behind, and took off to Utah for our annual vacation. For the last couple of years we have gone in June, but clear back before Baby Sister was born in March I found a screaming deal on plane tickets. This allowed us to have just a 2 hour plane ride each way as opposed to a 16 hour drive each way, and anyone who has ever made a long drive with a newborn knows just how much that is worth.
Anyway, in the interest of blog space and in an effort to keep this readable, I will just hit the highlights of our trip - which for the most part included visiting A LOT of family.
Wednesday (5/13): Left Seattle in a downpour. The plane was late taking off because it had to de-ice. This made it almost 11:30 p.m. before we landed in Salt Lake City. A late, late night was had by all.
Thursday (5/14): We headed up to the mountains. My parents have a cabin by a lake up in the mountains, which incidentally is where we would spend the entire time of all of our vacations if we could get away with it. It was so relaxing, and with all the luxuries of home (and then some), it was definitely my kind of camping. The boys had a ball playing on the swing set, roasting hot dogs and marshmallows, and playing in the loft.


Friday (5/15): We met up with my husband's side of the family for a big birthday party. Now, I think I've mentioned on here before that we both are the youngest of 6 (most of whom all still live in Utah) therefore, there is almost always a birthday (or 5) to celebrate. We just happened to plan our trip around Beefy's birthday and my husband's, so they got to get in on the candle blowing.


Saturday (5/16): This was Beefy's actual birthday, but with all the hoopla from the night before and the promise of more when we returned home, we didn't do much more than acknowledge that it was in fact the day. We also got to meet up with my BF from high school, Lisa, and her family. It was great to see them. Then, that night my brothers and sisters and I threw a surprise 50th anniversary party for my parents. I'll put more on that in another post.

Sunday (5/17): We got to sleep in, and take it easy for a day. Just church, and more visiting with family.
Monday (5/18): My husband and I left the boys with Grandma Tano (his mom) and to Baby Sister to visit Logan, home of the university we graduated from and where we spent the first 3 years of our marrige. It had been 3 1/2 years since we'd been back, and it was fun to see how it had changed (and hadn't changed).

Tuesday (5/19): I got to hang out with my sisters and my mom and do some shopping to add to my "hairbows for Baby Sister" collection. It is quickly becoming an obsession with me. I'd like to learn how to make some cute bows, so if anyone has any pointers, please share.

Wednesday (5/20): Wow, a week flies by fast when you're busy. Wednesday was spent packing, saying some good-bye's, and heading to the airport to board the 737 home. (Buggy was so proud of himself because he knew what kind of plane we flew in (737) and what kind his daddy designs (747). He had no problems telling everyone this information - silly kid)
We're glad to be home. Beefy slept horribly while we were there (so I am exausted), and we all picked up allergies (from the dry, super-pollinated air) that are now turning into colds. Other than that though, we had a great time. It was nice to have a break from the monotony of everyday life.
1 comment:
I found this website: http://bowznstuff.blogspot.com/2008/10/how-to-tie-boutique-hairbow.html
it has instructions for making bows and some links to other places bow-related. You'll find an abundance of ideas if you look on etsy.
Post a Comment