March 27, 2009

One Week Stats

We've had Baby Sister in our family for a whole week now. Here's where she stands in the statistics department.
  • We took Sister to the Dr. today for a weight check. She came in at 6lbs 9oz. She has gained 5 ounces since we were in on Wednesday, and 7 ounces since she was weighed on Monday at her postpartum check-up. And has officially (today) passed her birth weight of 6lbs 8oz.
  • When she was measured on Wednesday she was still 19 inches long, hasn't hit an upward growth spurt yet. I'm sure it will happen soon.
  • Still in newborn diapers, and probably will be for a while. The kid has no butt (I mean that figuratively of course, not literally).
  • Her (very few) newborn size clothes are fitting better, the 0-3 size are still pretty big on her though.
  • She is so good. Hardly ever fusses, and eats extremely well. Sleeps pretty well too.
  • She is well loved, and very rarely put down.
And how are her brothers?
  • They've done surprisingly well. They both love her, and Buggy asks to hold her often. He's decided that she is very cute, and that we can keep her (good thing).
  • Beefy's favorite is watching while I get her dressed, and singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" to her. He also has figured out that putting his hat on her is pretty funny (to him at least).
  • The behavior problems have come up - as we knew they would - but they haven't been nearly as bad as I imagined them being. Mostly just a slight increase in tantrums, tiredness, and general challenging-ness. All directed towards me of course.
And Mom and Dad?
  • My husband is in daddy heaven. She got a lot of his features, just like the boys, and the added bonus of dark hair and the darker skin tone. He is very proud of (as he calls it) his little army of clones.
  • Me, I'm doing okay. Physically I feel pretty good. Not hurting much, and healing really well from the looks of things right now. I'm going a little stir crazy without the ability to get out easily and with the lack of adult conversation. I am hoping to be out of the narcotics induced stupor soon though so I can start to ease back in to my normal routine.
  • Still kind of tired. Baby Sister is sleeping pretty good, and I am trying to get naps in, but most days I'm still ready to hit the sack when the time comes.
  • Along with the really wanting to drive again soon, is the stupid "no lifting" rule that is driving me crazy. I am still following it stringently (I know better than to cheat on that one) but I will be a much more happy camper when I get the okay to at least do my own laundry and vacuuming.
  • We have had so much help, that I am very grateful for. I have about a hundred people to thank for things like loading my dishwasher (multiple times), giving my kids rides, bringing us meals, and sharing "helper-aged" kids with me after my husband had to go back to work. I appreciate all of you - you know who you are - and know that if my Thank-you's are late in coming, that I still really mean them. Thanks.
Overall, we're good. And more than anything we are so glad to have her here, safe, and healthy. A year ago we couldn't have imagined being in this kind of a place so soon again and yet here we are.

I couldn't ask for more.

2 comments:

Alycia said...

Kim, I've been looking at all of your posts and I realized I don't think I ever commented. She is absolutely beautiful! I did notice her darker skin tone too, it's so fun to see how different your kids are, but so similar too. I can't wait to meet her and watch her grow up! I hope you're healing well too, I'm glad to hear everything went well. We miss you guys. :)

Leanne said...

What a cute little girl! I hope you are resting and getting naps in there! Glad all is going well Kim!