January 19, 2009

Where Have We Been?

Posts have been scarce lately here in my world. Not because nothing has been going on, but because nothing noteworthy has happened I guess, and I just haven't found time.

We just finished up a fun weekend with Grandma and Grandpa, and some Meredith cousins. They were only here for a few days, but we always love having visitors (even 9 at once), and the boys had a great time with all those cousins around.

I've spent the last week and a half in digging mode. I dug out all of the junk in my closet, so that I could move my craft table and all of my stuff in there, so that I could dig out my craft room in order to get it converted into a baby's room soon. Its amazing the difference a little organizing and junk tossing can make. I think I have twice the space I had before.

I've also been sorting through a mountain of hand-me-downs from my sister. She is having a boy, and I'm having a girl, so we are switching clothes. Unfortunately since girls are scarce around my family, they tend to get over-bought for, and now I have to go through and find what will work for my baby from the time she is born until she grows out of a 2T. I can't really see the floor right now of my recently cleaned future nursery.

I am also gearing up for a nice heavy push of Dr.'s appointments from now to the end of March. I have a (or another) glucose test, and an ultrasound this week, an appointment with my OB next week, and then weekly NST's mixed in with more ultrasounds/appointments until I deliver. (Yay for high risk pregnancy) Really though I would rather be on the cautious side than risk complications. Even so-the thought of all of those appointments and trips to the hospital makes me tired.

Needless to say, with all of this going on, I have been crashing at night and keeping well busy during the day. I like it that way, it makes time fly, but I want be better at more frequent posts. I've missed it.

2 comments:

Leanne said...

busy busy busy. I don't envy all those appointments that you have. I have to go once a week now for my pregnancy and usually wait an hour to get in. I sure hope yours aren't like that.

Kellie said...

It's nice that you can trade baby clothes. Only about 1/3 of Megan's clothes fit Emma at the right season. Most of Megan's old clothes are off by 6 months. But it helps that Emma is kind of a big girl and at 8 months wears 12 month clothes.