I love the stories of the Old Testament, but next to the Book of Mormon the most read books of scripture in my world are the gospels in the New Testament. I love reading about the life of the Savior and his teachings.
When I think of bible verses, two come to mind.
First, in Luke. After the Savior's triumphant entry into Jerusalem the multitude and his disciples were rejoicing and praising God.
Luke 19:39-40
39And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples.
40And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.
I absolutely love the imagery here that even if the people were to be quieted the rocks on the ground would proclaim that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.Second, in John Chapter 14. The Savior is addressing his disciples at the last supper.
2In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
27Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
I find so much joy in these few verses, it is so plain and spelled out. He will not leave us alone. This is one of my "go-to" chapters of scripture when I am seeking comfort.
No comments:
Post a Comment