May 4, 2010

An Update...

...Cause you know you want one.  And, because I'm in a huge blog rut right now.

Bed #1 (i.e. bottom bunk/Beefy's bed) is finished - assembly wise - and is currently being painted a fantastic shade of navy.  It looks so awesome (but pictures from my garage, late at night, do not).


The plan right now is to finish painting bed #1, and then get it all set up in the Boy's room, to make more room in the garage.  Bed # 2 is about 75% assembled, so once #1 is out of the way we can finish #2 and paint it then take it up and get them all put together. Yay!

I am very excited to see them finished.  I have to admit though, this project has been really, really fun.  Most of Saturday was spent on a trip to Lowe's for more screws/hardware and working on the beds.  I even built most of the foot board for #2 by myself (with a little gluing help from Buggy-he loved that he got to help make his bed).  I love using a drill.  So fun!

Anyway, that is about all for now.  Hopefully I'll be out of my blogging rut (and over this dang cough - it's persisted for a month now) very soon.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

I can't wait to see them all put together. Are they navy or black? I can't tell. So cute! I'm very impressed.

Kylie said...

That is so cool! I want to see it so bad! I love the color too:)

Kellie said...

It's looking good!

Leanne said...

I love that you are painting them blue, that's what color I will probably do our bink beds, if and when we ever get any/make any. your project is very inspiring to me, but I think I might just have to make my dad make them for me :) we don't have tools.