Pride is a funny thing. Just when you think you're doing okay in that department, something comes up that requires you to swallow a whole bunch of pride, and learn something.
I've had a lot of these kinds of experiences lately, which have forced me to sit back and figure out what I should be learning from all of this. The lesson, this time at least, as far as I can tell is grattitude.
Apparently, I've been focusing too much on negative things in life. I've had multiple not-so-subtle reminders lately that have enforced the concept that I truly am blessed.
Many of these instances came with a heavy dose of pride swallowing and some pretty serious humbling of myself for me to receive those sweet feelings of peace that comes from blessings that appear at the darkest hours.
I am being watched out for. Even when things seem to be going truly crappy. Even when there is no end in sight to the problems I'm facing. I know-and just need to remember more-that as long as I have faith, and a little bit more trust-things will work out.
I am so grateful for the wonderful people that I have been blessed to have in my life. I have had so many recent answers to prayers, and so many unexpected but truly needed blessings that the feeling is almost overwhelming. It is truly humbling.
1 comment:
You are so sweet and I really miss you!
Post a Comment