- Potty training (if you can really call it that-it's more like just an effort to phase out the diapers) started in earnest on Monday. 3 days, only 1 real accident. Today, we were out a lot, so we took a break and he wore a pull-up. I know some people will be against this technique, but I really think he is the kind of kid who is going to need a break every few days, until he gets the hang of it. One issue though...he holds it, or isn't drinking enough and is only actually "producing" once or twice a day. Ideas?
- Baby Sister had another hearing test this week. About the same as all the others. She wasn't really cooperating well, but it seems that her "good" ear still has normal hearing. We go back in two weeks to do a CT scan (mostly to rule out any structural abnormalities as the cause of her loss). Not really looking forward to it. It means a trip to Seattle early in the morning and a minimum 3-hour appointment, not to mention having to deal with seeing my baby put under anesthesia (yuck!).
- The boys got flu vaccines today. Beefy just had to have the H1N1 mist, but Buggy had to get the mist as well as the shot for the seasonal flu. The silly kid had himself so worked up over it, I'm pretty sure I ruined his whole day. He kept trying to convince me that kids in his kindergarten class don't come to school when they're sick, therefore he didn't need to get a flu shot. I'm telling you - future lawyer! That kid tries to argue his way out of everything.
- I've been listening to the Wicked soundtrack this week. (Thanks Kylie!) I LOVE musicals but I have to admit this is one I'd never gotten into before now. Honestly, I read the book and it totally turned me off - It was horrible! But now, I totally understand why the musical so wildly popular. It is super catchy, and I've been singing it in my head for days now. I just have to keep reminding myself that it isn't the same as the book. I would love to be able to see this show now.
January 14, 2010
This Week So Far (Jan 11-17)
**Another bulleted list here, sorry. I'm trying a new technique - if you couldn't already tell. I'm hoping it will encourage me to keep posting, even when there isn't much to add.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Im glad you like the cd! You will probably have it stuck in your head for weeks:)
I really hope you're albe to see Wicked someday. It is soooo good!
So you have finally come over to the Wicked fans. It is so catchy, I hope you get to go see it. I got to go see it back in April, as my parents got tickets for me for my birthday the December before. It's always good to read here and see what is going on in your lives up there! Keep it up...
Post a Comment