Not to jinx myself, but we are on day 3 of strictly underwear (during the day) with no accidents. Obviously we are still using diapers at night, and he still wears a pull-up when we go out, but for the last few days it has stayed dry. I am starting to see a small pinprick of light at the end of this tunnel!
He begged me to let him wear just underwear to church today. I compromised and let him wear them through sacrament meeting, then we went potty and put on a pull-up before he went to primary. He did great. I think sometime this week I may find the courage to let him venture out in just underwear. We'll see if I get brave enough.
----------
Baby Sister has a CT scan coming up this week. Not super looking forward to this one. I know in theory that there is really nothing to be concerned about with the actual procedure. I just really don't love the idea of having to have her sedated. I'm struggling with that one a little bit.
She also has her first meeting with her "teacher". I'm not sure what else to call her. It isn't really speech therapy that we will be doing, it is more just a program that provides an educator who will come in and help us learn how make the adjustments we need to give Sister her best "hearing" advantages.
This program also includes music classes, playgroups, and other events that allow the kids (all with varying degrees of hearing loss) a chance to interact and socialize. We have a music class this week, but due to the busyness of the week already I'm not sure if I'm going to make it or not. Even so, I'm very excited to be making some progress where her hearing is concerned.
----------
My husband informed me recently that he hasn't been feeling enough love on my blog. So I am remedying that situation now. He has been busy turning the closet under my stairs into a usable space. The pile of junk that used to occupy it has been organized/tossed and I now have a wonderful pantry with lots of extra storage. My favorite feature is the wall of kid-level hooks and the basket for shoes so that I no longer have to hang up jackets and pick up tossed around sneakers. I really need to take pictures. Thanks Babe! I love it.
He also helped me spring clean the Garage this weekend. It looks fabulous, if I do say so myself.
----------
Speaking of spring...(this is especially for my Utah readers). We've had a beautiful week here in the great Northwest. We've had at least 2 days that neared (if not reached) 60 degrees, and my boys have been out riding their bikes nearly every afternoon.
Just keep this in mind come June when you are bragging about how great your weather is - and it's raining here. We take it where we can get it.
----------
I recently started going to the chiropractor. It has taken a lot of courage for me to start going, but my back was hurting to the point that I needed something. My husband has been going multiple times a week for the last year and a half, and it has been working great for him, but anyone who know me very well knows my skittishness around any kind of thing that might be labeled "alternative medicine". I am strictly a doctors and drugs kind of girl.
I have to eat my words a little bit now though, and admit that it is actually working really well. I feel lots better, and I think the adjustments are making a difference. It helps that we have a pretty great chiropractor too.
----------
And just on a final note, lest Buggy feel left out...I am seeking opinions on 5-year-old boys. I know my son has a tendency to be a bit high strung (he comes about it honestly), but lately it seems like I'm raising a hormonal teenage girl rather than a little boy. He gets upset and starts crying over the silliest things lately. And somehow, he has learned how to pout.
I have have a very, very low tolerance for any form of drama -this is not boding well for him. So, now I just have to ask: Should I be worried, or is this normal/just a stage/hopefully going to pass very soon? Help me out - I'm kind of starting to be concerned here (and my unfeeling -his word, not mine - husband, is not).
----------
Well that is about all from me for now. Until next time...
3 comments:
Reuben is pretty emotional too, he doesn't pout, but he throws some MAJOR tantrums. really annoying. and he sucks on his fingers...so I think it's safe to say, kids do weird things, then somehow grow out of it!
good luck with yours, wish me luck with mine!
I think Buggy is pretty normal. Don't worry!
I'm with Leanne. Jeremy isn't five yet, but from what I've seen, it is fairly normal for all five year olds to act that way. The important thing it to teach them a better way to behave and remember that they won't always remember the better way to behave.
Post a Comment