December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving and Such

So obviously I haven't been blogging lately. I have been busy though, not just in one of my usual ruts - in fact I have a list of about 10 things that I've been wanting to blog about so that I don't forget about them. Now if I can just get them all done I'll be doing good. Anyway, on to Thanksgiving.

I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving. We did. On the day of we had 27 people, 2 Turkeys, 9 pies and a whole mess of other food. It was great. We had to move all the furniture to the garage, and it was a little crowded, but still great.

This was our 4th Thanksgiving in Washington, away from family, and the first time that family has come to us for the holiday. My parents, aunt and uncle, sister, brother-in-law, 2 nieces and 2 nephews came to visit. My house is way to small for that many extra people, so they obligingly stayed at a hotel (with a pool - much to my kids delight). It was great to visit with them all.

Having my mom here is always nice, because she is really good at helping me finish projects (which we did a lot of) and going shopping (which we did some of too). I got all of the Christmas presents that I had started finished (coming in a later post), we canned a bunch of applesauce, and she bought me some sorely needed new clothes for my upcoming birthday (jeans 2 sizes smaller than the last time I bought jeans - go me!)

Anyway, overall a pretty good weekend, but it definitely went by too quickly. I can't believe that Christmas is already showing up on my calendar. AAAAHHH!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Isn't that how it is? Either we're too busy to blog, or we're so un-busy there's nothing to say!
Glad you had a good Thanksgiving!!