September 9, 2009

First Day of School!


So, after what felt like the longest summer ever, the first day of school is finally here! Buggy is so excited to be in Kindergarten, he said he had a great day today.

He doesn't have a permanent teacher yet - the school is in the process of hiring one, that is a rant for another day - but we met his substitute teacher last night at "back to school night" and she seems really nice.

I did good too, by the way. I didn't even cry or anything. I couldn't be sad when I saw him so happy and excited (we had to be at the bus stop - in front of our house - 20 minutes early); and, I squashed to urge to follow the bus to the school, and went and ran errands after he left instead.

He can't wait to go back tomorrow.


3 comments:

Steph said...

LOL... "follow the bus" ...! Glad I'm not the only one who has had that impulse!

Chris and Mel said...

yeah! lorenzo is excited to see his little friends starting kindergarten too! and yours is riding the bus... that seems to make it more real to me :)

Alycia said...

I can't believe he's old enough to be going to school! Time goes by WAY too fast!