How did I get so busy? Seriously, I've had something going on pretty much every day this past week, and the next two weeks don't look any better (worse, in fact). Not that I'm complaining - I'm actually much happier when we have lots going on - I just really need some time to sit down and relax. Good thing tomorrow is Sunday.
Anyway, here is what we've been up to this week:
Monday - We took Baby Sister to the doctor, worried she had an ear infection. No infection, just teething related grumpiness. I guess that is a good thing. Buggy also had soccer practice that day. I'll have soccer pictures in a future post.
Tuesday - My husband and I got to go to the temple with the youth from our ward. What a great way to spend a day.
After we got home, we took the boys to their first day of swimming lessons. See, our local swimming pool (most likely in an effort to eek a little bit more money out of everyone) added one last week of swimming lessons before school starts next week. It was a shorter class (only 4 sessions), but also much less expensive than regular lessons.
The first day there was a little bit of apprehension about getting in the water with out me, but once in - they loved it.
Wednesday - This was a rough day. I don't know what the deal was, but either me or the boys, or all of us got up on the wrong side of the bed.
It took us until mid-afternoon before we could get the chores done and get out of the house, which left us just enough time to go buy Buggy a few new school shirts (the Osh-Kosh outlet was having a sale), get gas in the car, and get to swimming lessons.
After swimming was over, we raced home so that I could go to the youth activity that night at Mukilteo beach. What a blast - I am really loving getting to work with these girls. They are so much fun, and their energy is definitely contagious.
Thursday - After spending the morning paying bills and trying to catch up on a little housework, we got to go to a friend's house to make invites for a baby shower we are throwing in a couple of weeks (they were cute - but of course I'll post all about it after the event).
Then it was back for day 3 of swimming. By this point they loved it. It was no effort whatsoever to get them to jump in the pool. They even started putting their faces in the water.
Friday - A visit to the park, and a play date with some of the boy's favorite friends filled up much of the day, and then it was on to the last day of swimming.
It was so great to watch them grow so much in such a short time. Beefy would hardly get in the pool on Tuesday, and by Friday he was sticking his face in the water and floating around without any fear. Buggy's favorite thing was showing me how he could "go under" and jumping of the side of the pool into the water. He could probably have been happy spending the whole time doing that.
They also played some games during their lessons. Over the last few days it has totally made me laugh to hear them randomly start chanting together: "alligator, alligator...", "motorboat, motorboat...", or "fishy in the middle...".
They had so much fun, which was my only goal for them through this, and now I know that they will be able to do it if we decide to do swimming lessons next summer. Buggy even confided in me that he was sad that it was the last day for swimming.
After swimming we went out to Red Robin for dinner with some friends. A good ending to a crazy week.
Thankfully the weekend has slowed down a little bit. I'm looking forward to having my husband home on Monday. He has some home improvement projects planned for that day (yay! I'll post pictures) and then we get to go to soccer practice, and spend the evening with friends. Always fun.
I wish I would have had my camera with me more this week (still hoping for a new one someday soon). But I did get a couple of pictures from swimming on Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment