I have written on here before about Beefy's penchant for dumping things. I don't remember Buggy being like this. Maybe its the "momnesia" kicking in. We had the great "cornstarch incident" of 2008 back in February when he got out a brand new box of cornstarch from the pantry and dumped the entire contents over himself and all of canned food.
So Fast forward to today where Beefy is in rare fine form. One minute I think he is coloring at the table with a coloring book. I hopped on the computer (which is in our main living area in plain sight of him) to find out the hours of the swimming pool we were planning on going to today. The next thing I know he is down from the table and in the stairwell coloring on the wall with colored pencil. Out comes the Mr. Clean Eraser and problem solved, or so I thought.
After swimming Beefy took a nap while I came downstairs to make lunch. I thought he was asleep, when here he and Buggy come down the stairs with black and purple marker all over their hands and legs. (Black on Buggy, Purple on Beefy) The floor to my craft room, which they know is off-limits now has purple marker all over it (guess the culprit). I had bought some school supplies on sale a few weeks ago, and I guess they found where I put them away.
And now, a little while ago, Beefy got in the cupboard for a snack, and decided instead that I needed cornmeal all over my stove and counter and floor. And as I was trying to contain that mess, he ran over and grabbed two handfuls and carried them into the TV room. Then promptly went to time out for 10 minutes.
I know that two-year-olds are like this, but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with. If I am not careful, one of these days he's going to figure out how to knock the house down around us.
7 comments:
Oh Kim,
I feel your pain! Sometimes you just want to throw the kids out with the mess I tell you. I hope tomorrow is less messy for you.
Oh no, Kim! A friend of mine recommended Spot Shot from Costco, so we got it and it's been fabulous. I haven't had to use it on markers, but it's gotten everything else out so far and completely amazes me. (Which is a good thing, because now I have a lifetime supply of it from one jumbo Costco pack). :) Hopefully it'll work for you--good luck!
Having a two-year-old myself, I totally understand! Mine isn't a dumper but he is a climber and it drives me insane. All you have to do is turn your back for one second and these things happen. Good luck and just know that you aren't alone!
Kim, I am sorry the day got worse after we left. Let me know about the carpet, I hope it all comes up.
Wow. That sounds remarkably like my day. I'm sorry! Get some sleep and then take some time to yourself. This Saturday I'm making Nathan watch the kids and I'm going out by myself. You do the same and I'll be thinking of you!
I also don't have a dumper, but a thrower. He is constantly throwing EVERYTHING and time-out does not work on my child. I wish. Most of the stuff he throws goes right into Reuben's head. And nothing is safe. I can't take away everything! I feel your pain...and mine. I hope tomorrow is better for you!
Wow! I can kind of relate. Not that my kids dump stuff, but just how they are constantly getting ahead of me in messes, and trouble. Oh well, I just have to remind myself to enjoy the good things about these moments and not get so stressed out.
Post a Comment