I'm a day late with this. I had good intentions to get this posted yesterday, but the day, as usual, got away from me. Yesterday was our anniversary. Six years. Sometimes it seems like it just happened and we are still newlyweds and sometimes it seems like we have always been this way.

My husband and I met while going to school at Utah State. I was a freshman and he had just returned from a church mission in Germany. We were both in the marching band (I know, terribly romantic), he played trombone, and I was on the Drumline. One of his friends was dating one of mine, and we both got dragged along to the same party one night and ended up sitting next to each other while playing games. He tried to be smooth and was totally hitting on me, it was pretty funny actually, but for some reason he had charmed me. The rest is history. Our first date was the next day, and we've pretty much been together ever since.

We got engaged three months later, and we were married in the Salt Lake Temple on June 18th, 2002. (us, and like 85 other couples) We had our reception the next day, in my parents backyard. Today is actually the anniversary of our reception (so I guess I am not too late). After a very short honeymoon at a bed-and-breakfast, we moved back to Utah State to finish school.

The next six years have been defined with many more major life changes. While in school we moved twice, and both went to school year-round for 3 years. We had Buggy, and we both graduated when he was 10 months old. We went on our first family vacation to Disneyland too. We've moved another 3 times since then, one of them was a 1000 mile "big move". We've had another kid (Beefy) and we've lost a little girl too. My husband got his dream job and I got to adjust to being a stay at home mom. We've bought a house, two new cars and even a little bit of furniture. And we've got to have lots of adventures, and met lots of really great people along the way. (Hurray for that)

Neither of us are as thin or as young as we used to be, but that's okay. I guess the most I could ask for is an eternity's worth of more great years to come. I love you babe!
1 comment:
I totally remember when your hair looked like that in High school/college! Happy Anniversary you guys!
Post a Comment