July 11, 2008

An Ode to the Cost of Gas, and Why I Love My Car

So, have you ever wondered if it is possible to fit 3 adults 3 children and 2 1/2 months worth of groceries into a Honda Pilot. Well, I am here to tell you it is.

"K", "J" and Buggy in the Middle Seat

Beefy in the back with all the "stuff" - "AM" was behind the camera and I was in the driver's seat

This was not in fact tested solely for the purposes of social experimentation. It just so happens that the grocery store of choice for budget conscious families is about 25 miles away. Incidentally it is also the same store that my first "Locking the Keys in the Car" incident took place. But, I digress. So, because of the cost of gas and the not at all close proximity of the store, when I mentioned that I was going on my monthly grocery trip a couple of my friends asked if they could tag along. Of course we all got more than we expected, and we were squished in there pretty tight, but it (and we) all fit.

And that my friends, is what I call good engineering.

2 comments:

theamazingjohnsons said...

Your car seems so great! I shop at Winco too. It's the only way to go.

Sara Hammond said...

I found your blog a few weeks ago and have been reading back here at work. I am glad to see your family doing so well. We live just down the road from the Winco in Marysville, so if that is where you go, we should plan to get together sometime!
Sara Hammond
sara.hammond.wa@gmail.com