I made these a while ago and have been meaning to post them. They are embarrassingly easy and super fun and there are tons of tutorials online (a good one is
here). Anyway here is a sample of what I've made, with some tips I've learned along the way.


First off - Fabrics I've used are Tulle, Organza, and Taffeta. I've tried satin, and it didn't work so hot, but I might give it another try. I think I just wasn't paitent enough.
With the tulle, I used almost 20 layers for each flower. It's pretty thin, and it takes that many to make it look right.
I had a candle lit, and sitting nearby so I didn't have to keep using my lighter, much easier.
Also, I sewed my layers together instead of gluing. I think it looks nicer.


The rhinestone centers are just cheapo ones I found at the craft store for like 99 cents a pack. The others are from an antique brad set (love them) that I got from Stampin' up.
Can I just say how much I am loving this headband. I took 3 small flowers and glued them onto a $1.95 ForLove21 headband. Super happy with it. (The headband I mean, not so much the picture- but my husband thinks I needed a shot of me wearing it.)

Can't wait to make more.
1 comment:
I love that headband too!
Post a Comment