When we first found out that Baby Sister was a girl I dared to dream that maybe I would get a daughter who loved dolls too, but I didn't get my hopes up too much. It would just be my luck that my little girl would rather play with her older brother's toys than girly stuff.
So, you can imagine how super excited I've been lately as Sister has taken a total liking to baby dolls. She has one (a birthday gift from Buggy) that she sleeps with every night, and has to go with her almost everywhere. I love it.
A friend of mine is moving and clearing out some old toys that her children have outgrown, so we have recently come into an abundance of great dolly things. Including, 3 new Cabbage Patch Kids - my very favorite of all dolls. Baby sister is in heaven. She loves hugging them, and feeding them bottles, and playing with all of the cool accessories that all good "babies" should have (hats, blankets, combs, etc.). I've got to admit. It makes me feel like a kid again, and I love it. We are going to Utah in July, and I can't wait to bring back some of my collection that has been in storage at my Mom's house.
I think I'm going to have to get her a bigger toy box.
1 comment:
Too fun! I loved dolls too, even though I never would have considered myself a girly girl. Who can resist a baby? Even my boys loved playing with dolls when they were little.
Post a Comment