I don't really have a pattern or anything to go by, but it is pretty easy to put together once you know how it works - so I'll try to offer a few tips.
1. To get the pennants (6x6 isosceles triangles):
- On 8.5 x 11 in paper - trim the paper down to 6x9, on the long end mark three inches from the top on one side, and three inches from the bottom on the other end. Then just cut from the corner to the mark, then from the mark to the other mark, and then to the opposite corner again. You will get two pennants this way.
- On 12x12 paper - mark the mid point (6in) on top and bottom sides then go from corners to mid points, finishing by drawing a line across the middle from side to side.
2. Putting it all together:
- Create Each letter pennant for both words (with eyelets reinforcing each corner ) before attaching the letters (J to S, I to K, N to N etc.) with dimensional foam.
- Also, make sure that the word on the back is spelled opposite of the word on the front, otherwise it will be backwards when you flip it - a mistake thankfully pointed out to me before I actually made it (although I was about to). (Thanks again Babe! -I am contractually obligated to add this part)
- Make sure when you are stringing the pennants together that you put the cord through the eyelets on the front and back of the banner.
Anyway, I hope this helps - and hasn't been more confusing than otherwise. It is a super fun project.
On a side note - the idea for this came from a project found in the December 2009 Crafts 'n Things magazine. It was a similar banner made from canvas. I adapted the concept to paper, and the embellishments, layout, etc. are my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment