October 24, 2009

Soccer

So, it's taken me until the last week of the season to write about Buggy playing soccer this year. Story of my life. Anyway, he loved it. It was really good for him to learn how to be part of a team and I think the social aspects of it helped ease him through the transition to kindergarten.

He was on the "Alligators". I'm pretty sure he was one of the younger kids on the team, but he held his own pretty well. Needless to say, I think there is a lot of soccer in our future. Although, I think next year we are going to find a league that doesn't play in a swamp. Washington rain + grass field in a hole = Muddy Mess!! His once white cleats will never be quite the same.

My Little Superstar

He was thrilled about the trophy. He didn't even want to set it down for the rest of the day.

Hamming it up on the field.

Playing Goalie. It was his favorite spot, and when he was paying attention, he was pretty good at it too.

1 comment:

Steph said...

How fun! White cleats? Yikes!
The first year my oldest had soccer he slept with his trophy, he loved it so much.