Baby Sister still has her days and nights very, very mixed up. Not that she isn't adorable when she is wide awake at 2:00 in the morning, but I am fastly approaching the "Bone Crushing" stage of tired, and will soon be unable to function normally. The only sleep I can get is while holding her and sitting in my recliner (okay, but not the best sleep ever).
I know it hasn't been that long since I had a newborn, but I am short on ideas that are working to help her sleep at night and not during the day. Not to mention, the fact that for some reason, I can lay her down during the day, but if I try it at night, she strongly protests. So I am asking for help. Please.
Everything I've read says that I can't expect her to be out of this stage until about 3 months old. Is that really true? She has teased me with a couple of good nights, and now I don't know how to re-create those circumstances. Sorry, I'm rambling. Anyway, if any of you out there have ideas, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!
2 comments:
If I remember right, Emma had good nights and bad nights like that until she was about 3 months. All I can remember trying is I tickled Emma, played with her arms and legs, trying to keep her awake, lullaby music at night to sooth her back to sleep, and at night when she wakes just letting her cry a little longer than I normally would during the day. I'm sorry! Sleep between conference sessions on Sunday!!
Our baby swing was my best midnight friend with several of my babies! And with Olivia, my new best friend was a swaddling blanket. If you don't care what color it is, you can get it at Walmart for about $10.
Good luck!
Post a Comment