February 23, 2009

Wanna Hear About my Day?

Probably not, but you get to anyway. Unless of course you choose to stop reading here, in which case I can't say I blame you.

Have you ever had one of "those days" you know, the kind where you start to wonder if all of the bad karma in the universe has ganged up on you just because it didn't want you to have an easy day? Yeah, that was us today.

It started at 6:30 a.m. when Beefy decided that he absolutely didn't want to sleep anymore. I, being the pleasant pregnant person (PPP) that I am, wasn't thrilled. He wanted to come downstairs and play immediately, but I was able to convince him that he really wanted to sit in bed with me and watch the sprout channel until I could force myself to function (much closer to 7:30 am).

After getting dressed, and trying to get the kids fed breakfast I got a phone call from Comcast (who I canceled our services with a couple of weeks ago). Normally, this probably wouldn't be such a big deal, but this is the 3rd phone call from them, in almost as many days, to ask me if my cable boxes/remotes were picked up. ("Yep, hasn't changed since the last time you called me on Saturday.") Then they guy on the phone had the audacity to be rude to me when I said that I was annoyed that they had called so many times, and that I would appreciate them leaving me alone. (Not to mention the fact that in addition to these calls about my equipment, they've called me at least 3 times since I canceled to try to get me to reconsider.)

Obviously that put me in a particularity foul mood. Add to that, a two-year-old who was in full on destruction mode, and a four-year-old in a whiny mood equal to my foul one. (Think heavy objects flying down the stairs, thrown by aforementioned two-year-old; a 30 minute battle to get the "almost-ready-for-kindergarten-but-still-can't-dress-himself-kid dressed; and two much too large kids getting chewed out for trying to squeeze themselves, at the same time, into the baby's car seat.)

I also had roughly 1700 square feet of badly needing to be vacuumed floors, laundry to the celing, and Braxton-Hicks contractions that started roughly the same time Beefy got up this morning. Yeah, my sister got an earful, when I called her to vent. She was very nice to listen without laughing too much. (She has 5 kids)

So, after some lunch and down time, we made a trip to the eye doctor to return the glasses I got last week, that I can't actually see out of. It turns out that they didn't mess the prescription up, like I thought they must have, but that contact and glasses prescriptions can sometimes be very different, and apparently my glasses prescription has changed alot (even though my contacts still work just fine, go figure). So on top of all of the other Dr. appointments that I have to endure over the next 3 1/2 weeks, I now get to add an eye exam to that list. Hooray!!!

Thankfully Beefy napped for me today (not that he needed it or anything), because I got to spend some quality time on the phone this afternoon with my credit union. See, our tax return came back last week, and I have made a fair few large purchases; so, the credit union sent me a letter telling me that they were worried about fraudulent activity on my account. ("Yes, I know I don't usually spend $300 in one day, but I promise that diaper purchase was made by me"). I know that it is there for my protection, and it is a feature that I am grateful for, but on a day like today, it was just one more thing, on top of many.

Now I know that days like this happen, I guess that we've just been fortunate enough to have enough good days in a row to make me miss them when one like this happens.

It's one of those things that really, all you can do is laugh about. Thankfully, I have a fresh order of girl scout cookies sitting on my counter right now. I guess I can also be grateful that my husband is having pity on me and taking us to dinner at my favorite Mexican place tonight.

Thank Heaven for the small perks in life right?

4 comments:

Kellie said...

Oh, Kim. I'm right there with ya. I wish we lived closer (instead on opposite sides of the country) so we could get together and let our kids run wild together.

At least you've got those Girl Scout Cookies. The local buses here have signs for them and are a constant reminder that I don't have any.

theamazingjohnsons said...

I know what you mean about Comcast. When we cancelled them, they called me constantly trying to get us to reconsider. It was very irritating. I'm sorry you had a bad day!
To answer your question...I got that mormon.org thing at leeloublogs.blogspot.com. They have a lot of really cute ones.

Desiree said...

Wow! It must have been something in the air today, because my day was very VERY similar. I'm sorry it was rough, I really considered running away today. :)

Keri Parr said...

Kim, If you ever want me to take you boys for a couple of hours so you can have a nap or anything, Please let me know. I am free most afternoon's.