These were taken in the ICU, on his second day there (Monday), after the breathing tube was removed, but before he was taken off of the oxygen or any of his other monitors/wires/tubes.
This is him Sleeping (duh!), which he did a lot of for those first few days. We hated the crib he had to sleep in at that hospital. My husband called it "the kind of crib that you see in infomercials for third-world-country orphanages". The one we had at the children's hospital was much nicer. (on a side note, you can see behind him in the crib, the blanket that he received there, that I blogged about a few days ago)
That day was the first time we were able to hold him also. The "road rash" on his forehead actually looks a lot worse than it was. It was all surface scratches, but the nurses had put some ointment on it to help it heal fast (which it did), but it magnified the damage. His black eye was by far the most disturbing part.
Sleeping with Mickey. They gave him this to hold onto, so he wouldn't pull at his IV. He hasn't slept a night without it since. He's very attached.
Also, once again so that I can have record of it, and because I've had some questions, this is our house.Putting this all in writing just reiterates to me how blessed we really are. I truly believe in the power of priesthood blessings, and many many prayers, and miracles. My son is living proof of that, and I am so grateful for that blessing.
3 comments:
Oh Kim, that breaks my heart to see him that way. I'm so glad that he has been recovering so well. We are still praying for your family, and thinking of you guys constantly. Let me know if you need anything!
You need to post some current pictures too. It's unbelieveable how good he looks just a few weeks later. He is a walking miracle.
Wow, I am so impressed how well he has done! Yay for coming home so quickly! I hope you find some sort of bars for the window soon. Good thing we're going into winter. Miracles surely do abound!
Post a Comment