As I sit here typing this, my baby is sitting in the ICU of a hospital 30 minutes away. My husband made me come home to rest for a few minutes, and shower, etc. I will be leaving again soon.
Sunday afternoon, the boys went upstairs to play in their room, something that they do all the time, that I usually don't worry about. Their window was open a crack and the blinds were closed. Suddenly I heard Buggy yelling at me that Beefy went out the window. My heart stopped and I ran as fast as I could out the front door. There was my baby laying on the pavement on top of the window screen. I yelled to my husband to call 911, and soon after I got to him he started to cry (a good sign).
Fast Forward to lots of fire trucks a couple of ambulances and the world's longest ambulance ride ever, to the trauma center in downtown Seattle. Lots of hours in the ER later, we found out that we were very lucky. He has two small skull fractures, a pretty scratched up face, and one heck of a black eye. He has no bleeding or swelling around the brain, and no other broken bones, or other internal injuries.
They sent him to the Pediatric ICU on Sunday night to watch him, he had breathing tubes in, helping him to breathe so he didn't have to work so hard. The breathing tube came out yesterday morning, and he was completely off of oxygen by late last night. This morning he got the okay to be weaned off of the IV.
He is still extremely tired, and is only awake for a few minutes at a time, but things are looking better and better all the time. We are hoping that he will be out of ICU by the end of the day today.
There are many important family and friends that we haven't been able to call and tell about this. If that is you, please understand that you aren't forgotten. I decided that a quick blog entry would be the best way to let everyone know what is happening. We so very much appreciate all of the prayers and support that we have received through this difficult time. We are able to accept phone calls, so feel free to call. I will update as I can, but probably won't be home much to do so.
6 comments:
Oh Kim, is there ANYTHING i can do to help? I can come get Buggy and bring him to my house to play if that would help or anything. Let me know.
Kim, I am so sorry to hear this. I cried as I read it because it is my worst nightmare too. I hope everything is going okay. You are in my prayers.
That is SO scary! I would have been terrified. I always think about things like that happening when Kate pushes on the screen. Yikes! I hope he continues to feel better and can come home soon. Poor Beefy...
Kim,
Please give us updates. WE are all praying mightily for Beefy and the family. If you need anything please call. I know that I'm not much help but the girls are home and would love to have Buggy over if that would help. Please, please keep us updated!
LOve you,
Chari
We're keeping you guys in our prayers. What a blessing that he came out of this as ok as he did!
Kim! I hope you guys are ok, I wish I was close to help. We'll pray for him and you all! I sure hope things are going better! How scary!
Post a Comment