I am writing from home tonight. Both of my children are upstairs tucked into their beds, and I will shortly be doing the same.
Let me back up a little bit. Beefy's team of doctors met with me on Tuesday morning and told me that they had watched his progress over the weekend, and how well he was doing, and decided that (pending any major disaster) we should go home after his evaluation meeting today. With someone as little as him, as soon as the therapy seems to be doing its job (which it was doing for him) it is best to get him home and into an environment that he is comfortable with. So, with that being said, we got to come home this afternoon. It was a pretty amazing thing considering at the beginning we were told to plan at least 3 weeks. They joked that he was setting new records around there - they never get to see a head injury patient go home from rehab after less than a week.
As I mentioned in my last post, we will still be continuing speech therapy and occupational therapy on an outpatient, one to two times a week, basis.
We are so glad to be home. I can't wait to see Beefy continue to improve now that he is in an environment that he knows and trusts.
And again, I can't emphasize how much we appreciate all of the thoughts and prayers that we have received on Beefy's behalf. We are truly blessed.
5 comments:
YAY! Welcome home Beefy! I'm so glad you can be home, and he has comfortable and familiar surroundings. I'm so glad for you guys, keep up the good work Beefy!
That's fantastic news! Way to go, Beefy!!
oh Welcome Home!! I'm so happy to hear it!
Oh Happy Day! I'm glad he's home and you guys can be home together. :)
Oh! I'm so glad he's home now! Keep us updated on his progress. We'll keep praying for you, too.
Post a Comment